A blog by Nina
The days leading up to this monumental occasion have felt so drawn out and never-ending, filled with anxiousness, apprehension, restlessness & concern about the unknown. My T W E N T I E S was filled with some of the most painful yet most rewarding experiences of my life and this week I was left clinging to the wonderful memories while also trying to leave the bad ones in my past forever. Let’s just say, the struggle was real, and I am sure anyone in my shoes can attest to this battle within themselves when they reached their T H I R T I E S.
My twenties were a time for all the major life lessons. A chance to pick up the pieces and make what I wanted from those pieces. A chance to LIVE this incredible journey filled with adventure, sadness, love, anger, perspective, conflict, newfound wisdom & most of all, growth.
Things I plan to leave behind in my twenties are:
- Caring about what people think about me.
- Thinking that being plus size is such a bad thing because my curves ARE all that.
- Making mountains out of molehills.
- Comparing myself to my friends- WE ARE ALL FABULOUS IN OUR OWN WAY & should be celebrated as individuals! CELEBRATE AND EMPOWER YOUR FRIENDS PEOPLE.
- Living without balance.
- Holding on to toxic relationships.
- Not practicing mindfulness.
- Holding on to guilt and regret.
- Waiting for the right time to go on an adventure because of finances.
- Hiding in my comfort zone.
- Not being authentic.
These 11 key factors used to eat me alive and stifled my growth, spiritually & mentally throughout the years. I am not saying I am totally rid of every single bullet point, but I have finally realized how important it is that I release the negativity that surrounds all these factors.
So basically, be gone Biatches!
As I woke up to write this morning (4:30 am), I felt this sense of peace and excitement. I have 365 days to write this new story, filling the pages with new & amazing chapters of how I used my twenties as a platform for growth in my thirties. I do not know all that lies ahead, all I know is that I plan to do great things during this next decade, so watch out world.
Until next time BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, I AM FOCUSED ON BEING THIRTY, FLIRTY & THRIVING!